RE: Evolution Statement

From: Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@uncwil.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 15:44:33 EST

    I am sure that forensic science uses as much of the latest scientific findings
    and tools as geology does. Time is not the sole factor in determining what
    constitutes a good and understandable prototype of historical science. Also
    long time scales involved in geological studies makes its finding more
    ambiguous than those in forensic science. In the statement of the theory of
    evolution proposed and posted in this list, it was indicated that evolution is
    a fact. My understanding of the word evolution includes the creation of life
    from non-living matter and the evolution of man from lower forms of life.
    Unless we clarify the meaning of the word "evolution" then we will be going
    around in circles. Again, my claim it that you can suppose whatever you want
    but cannot claim absolutely that your assumption is establishes by the fact.
    The most one can claim is that your assumptions are consistent with the facts.
    But on that account, the the Biblical story of creation can also claim that!
    Moorad