Re: Response to: What does the creation lack?

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 22:26:03 EST

    Peter Ruest wrote:

    > Howard, George,
    >
    > Both of you have contributed much to this discussion, and I'd like to
    > thank you for this! There have been detours, misunderstandings, and
    > frustrations, yet I, for one, have profited from the whole process, and
    > I hope others have, too.
    >
    > This time, I don't intend to specifically react to all the points you
    > brought up in your most recent posts (GM, 25 Nov 2001 16:50:09 -0500,
    > and HVT, 26 Nov 2001 10:29:35 -0500), but rather try to summarize the
    > present situation of our discussion, as I see it today. Please correct
    > any errors this summary might contain. Of course, you or anyone else is
    > welcome to comment or question this sketch - and I don't suggest this
    > must be my last contribution to this thread.

    Peter - I appreciate your work in sumamrizing views. I'm out of town
    teaching for much of the week for awhile, which accounts for delay & brevity
    in my reply. At this point I'll just note a couple of things:
            1) Some care is needed in defining "miracle". I am uncomfortable
    with the suggestion of "huge" numbers of miracles.
            2) As I've noted before, how God acts - or doesn't act - at the
    quantum level is something that needs to be dealt with even apart from the
    possible role of such action in evolutionary processes.

    Shalom,

    George

    George L. Murphy
    http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/