Re: relativity and age of cosmos

From: george murphy (
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 12:12:39 EDT

    Moorad Alexanian wrote:

    > Doesn't the existence of a cosmic microwave background serve as a preferred
    > frame, not to say absolute frame. Moorad

            Yes, this could be taken to define the "rest frame of the universe",
    though that concept is a little hazier than the rest frame of something like the
    earth. Still, relativity is relativity, & a person who wants to pursue the
    gambit I suggested is under no obligation to assume that Genesis 1 is written
    from the standpoint of the earth's, or the universe's, or anything else's, rest

    George L. Murphy
    "The Science-Theology Interface"