Book Banning

From: Bill Payne (
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 00:54:19 EDT

    On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 07:02:45 -0500 "Darryl Maddox" <>
    > Hello Bill and group;

    > Of course there was
    > historical precident. Had't we just got together and told a book
    > publisher that if they didn't quite publishing Velekovsky's works as
    > science books we would ban the use of their other texts in our
    > classes? I remember something to that effect happening.

    I heard an identical story about _The Bone Peddlers - Selling Evolution_
    by William R. Fix, published by Macmillan Publishing Co. in 1984. I
    happen to have a copy which a friend picked up for me at a used book
    store in Atlanta, because I had told him it was banned.