Re: Phillip Johnson at Northshore Church

From: John W Burgeson (
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 12:21:19 EDT

    >>My apologies for inadvertently insulting your daughter.>>

    Accepted as "tongue in cheek. <G>

    >>However my limited professional experience of lawyers indicates that
    professional ethics means something very different to them than it means
    scientists, engineers, theologians, and probably most ordinary people as
    well. >>

    Actually, I think it means a lot more (morally) than it does to many
    professional people. That it is abused goes w/o saying, at least by some.
    The adversary system of legal affairs contributes to this -- but so far
    we've not invented anything better. Like capitalism -- a system that
    stinks, but we use it cause we don't know anything that works any better
    (and we know many that work a whole lot worse).

    Burgy (John Burgeson)