Episodes in the *evolution* of my thoughts about evolution, FWIW:
1. Secular university dorm room ca. 1970, explaining that Seth probably
married a sibling.
2. Secular university biology class ca. 1971, agreeing with Christian
prof that "yom," the Hebrew word for "day," could mean "age."
3. Teaching music at a Christian high school in Ohio 1974-75, whose
director of development claimed to be an Air Force veteran who had heard
directly from a top Air Force officer that the "missing day" had been
discovered when the space program projected back in time comparing
astronomical positions to known dates in history in connection with the
(Pioneer?) deep space probe. Watched a movie on the water vapor canopy.
4. Christian grad school ca. 1976, studying various theories in Old
Testament Theology class.
5. Leading a community discussion group on creation/evolution issues ca.
6. Joining the ASA with the hope of finding agreement on "mere creation"
and further enlightenment. Writing "Lord Random" poem (See ASA website,
Youth Page) and "Thank God I'm an Atheist" song (See refrain and verse
1, below.) Learning much, but still hoping for a bit more
inter-Christian bridge building/united front/"In essentials, unity; in
non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity" approach. Yet I
understand the need for academic credibility.
"THANK GOD I'M AN ATHEIST"
Words and music by Dan Eumurian
Thank God I'm an Atheist,
That I know that no one knows it all,
And I hope and pray that I stay this way.
I'm an atheist, thank God!
1. Now the Christians complain about what we teach in school.
They have no leg to stand on for their kickin'.
We all know that religion was invented by man
And the egg was invented by the chicken.…
© 2001, Come Thru Music Co., BMI
1634 Barlow St.
La Crosse, WI 54601
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sat Apr 07 2001 - 21:02:56 EDT