Re: Why?/Re: Answersingenesis

From: M.B.Roberts (
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 18:31:50 EDT

    To take the Cof E and the Scottish Presbyterians churches from 1800 to 1900
    no OFFICIAL statement was made on the age of the earth but the vast majority
    accepted geology from 1810 (if not before), up to 1855 less than 155 of Cof
    E clergy were YEC. No Bishop was YEC.

    However I suspect but have no evidence that sunday School teachers naively
    were YEC without knowing they were and thus fixed yec sympathies at grass
    root level