Re: statement on creationism?

Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:53:41 -0600

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:11:47 -0500 "Dr. John Stahl" <jwstahl@geneva.edu>
writes:

>However, looking at some of
>these, I am concerned that a YEC sympathizer would not be impressed,
>because the statements about mountains being vastly older than man
>could
>just as well be interpreted as mountains being vastly older than the
>life
>of any individual person.

Agreed!

>Obviously I need to do some of my own study on
>this, but are there other scriptures you folks have found which can help
>"open up" the interpretation of the age of the earth and life.

As a YEC sympathizer, here's one for your consideration: "Far from where
people dwell he cuts a shaft, in places forgotten by the foot of
man;...." (Job 28:4) Now, if the places in the heart of a mountain are
forgotten by the foot of man, then must we not conclude that man once
walked on the land that was later pushed up into the heart of the
mountain?

Bill Payne