RE: statement on creationism?

gordon brown (gbrown@euclid.Colorado.EDU)
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:21:52 -0700 (MST)

I agree with John that the verses quoted by Dick Fischer are suggestive of
an old earth rather than a basis on which we can convict YEC's of heresy.

I would add to the list another such verse, Rev. 16:18, in which an
earthquake is described as being "such as there had not been since man
came to be on the earth". This is carefully worded to exclude earthquakes
that occurred before the creation of man. This doesn't strike me as being
the way a YEC would phrase it.

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado