Re: If only ...

glenn morton (mortongr@flash.net)
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 11:55:20 +0000

At 12:38 PM 11/25/99 -0700, John W. Burgeson wrote:
>I can understand my TE friends disdaining the ID concept (although I
>think Glenn may have some sympathy for it). For a PC such as me,
>it has some insidious (I use the term carefully) appeal.

What I like about ID is that it does support design of the universe with
which I agree. What I dislike and dislike strongly, is the avoidance of any
scenario about earth history. That is the game the historical sciences are
playing--the determination of what actually happened in the past--and ID
isn't even on the playing field having forfeited to the other side.

To me this avoidance of a scenario that works in the ID movement is a
failure of courage on their part--they can never be proven wrong if they
don't propose anything with future observational implications.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm