Re: statement on creationism?

Adam Crowl (qraal@hotmail.com)
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 00:22:37 PST

Hi ASA,

Moorad wrote...

>From: Moorad Alexanian <alexanian@uncwil.edu>
>Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:05:28 -0500
>
>Believe me no scientist runs his/her life
>with the findings, better said assumptions, made by evolutionary theory.

I'm not so sure Moorad. Richard Dawkins I suspect takes a lot of
sociobiology's findings to heart and I'm sure evolutionists in general are
of two minds about evolution's implications... since Darwinism implies
selfishness in everything animals do, which may make the basis for a
morality of self-renounciation {as Richard Wright suggests in "The Moral
Animal".]

>I can imagine an evolutionist telling his kids that they are related to
>monkeys and then insist his/her children abide to moral/ethical behavior.

Monkeys, being social animals, have their own morality, based on status and
reciprocal altruism. Animals are quite moral in their own terms.

>I find more of a contradiction there than I would ever find it in a person
>that knows God and believes the account of Genesis.
>
>Take care,
>
>Moorad

Such an odd way to think... perhaps you're afraid of making your own moral
choices... too much freedom. But maybe that's what knowledge of good and
evil means.

Adam