Re: statement on creationism?

mortongr@flash.net
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:23:46 +0000

At 02:54 PM 11/23/1999 -0500, Robert C. Newman wrote:
>George and Terry:
>
>Yes, the CC of the ASA has certainly not tried to exclude YEC position, and
>one of the guys on our Creation Statement subcomm is YEC (Paul Nelson), who
>is also drafting that part of our statement. The theory of our statement is
>a main section, that all on the comm agree on, and then separate sections
>(YEC, OEC, TE, ID, maybe methodological naturalism) giving the view of that
>particular segment put together by a proponent.

I am a bit surprised that Paul is on the committee. One time a couple of
years ago he told me that he wouldn't join the ASA because he refused to
join organizations that required a statement of faith. While I think Paul
is well qualified to write the YEC part of this, I am just curious, is he a
member of the ASA? If he is not I have no objection to him--as I said, I am
just curious.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology