Re: statement on creationism?

Dick Fischer (dfischer@mnsinc.com)
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 08:12:11 -0500

Allan Harvey wrote:

>Before my name gets associated with such an oncology effort, let me agree
>with what George Murphy said yesterday. The young-Earth view itself
>(while I believe it to be incorrect) is not nearly as much of a problem
>as the view of many who hold it that it is the *only* acceptable
>Christian view.

What I believe is necessary is to take a public stance that while there may
be a number of possibilities or alternatives we could consider, YEC isn't
one of them. YEC is unacceptable as a viable Christian method of apology.
To state that YEC is not the only acceptable Christian view serves to
legitimize it. It would be tantamount to saying that Christianity is not
the only acceptable religion.

Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
"The answer we should have known about 150 years ago."