Re: statement on creationism?

Dick Fischer (dfischer@mnsinc.com)
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:20:48 -0500

Terry Gray wrote:

>While I'm no YEC sympathizer, I think that it's worth pointing out that the
>ASA has always had room for YEC's even if they haven't always been willing
>to tolerate the rest of us. I think that we must be careful when we speak
>FOR the ASA.

What I am suggesting is that the ASA adopt a formal statement that reflects
the majority view, go on record, and announce it by way of a press release.
Allan Harvey's draft is a good place to start. Maybe it's just good!

Of course we have a lunatic fringe, doesn't every Christian organization?
Or perhaps, they are keeping an eye on us hoping we remain the toothless
tiger we have always been. Speaking only for myself, I think YEC is a
cancer in the body of Christ, and I think the ASA should take a leadership
role in excising it.

Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
"The answer we should have known about 150 years ago."