Re: The Shroud of Turin

Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 22:24:30 -0600

There is a new book called _Jesus: The Great Debate_. I can't remember
the author's name, and I left my copy of the book at work, but it
discusses the Shroud. When it was C-14 dated to the Middle Ages a few
years ago, the media picked up on this and proclaimed the Shroud to be a
fake. The author of this book says that they have recently discovered
transparent bacteria living on the Shroud which have altered the C-14
date to be more recent than it would be without the bacteria. The author
makes a strong case for the authenticity of the Shroud. Get the book.

Bill