RE: Christian evolutionists condemned

mortongr@flash.net
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 21:48:45 +0000

At 11:22 AM 11/12/1999 -0500, Rasmussen, Ryan J. wrote:
>And its funny that many Christians are amazed at people's backlash
>against organized religion. I left organized religion in my college
>years during my own "crisis of faith" as many have called in on this
>list. I was sick of the lies and the manipulation.

I understand entirely. In the two times when I have come close to becoming
an atheist(1993 and 1998), it was because of the stupid misbehavior of
Christians--both liberal and conservative. The conservatives because they
reject science and call into question the ability of christians to be good
observers of the ressurrection and the liberals (and this will get me in
much trouble here) because they want to believe the Bible even if there is
little to no empirical support for that belief. It seems that belief is
more important than the content of that belief. It seems to me that
Christians don't deal with data very well--either side.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm