Re: 2001's gospel message

George Murphy ("gmurphy@raex.com"@raex.com)
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 09:17:05 -0500

Moorad Alexanian wrote:

> The resurrection is mentioned in the Bible not to prove the resurrection to
> future readers but to inform those who already knew of it. The resurrection
> is a playing back of a totally irreversible event, viz., a miracle.

Because all the NT documents were written in one way or another for Christians
(or at least potential ones - we don't really know about Theophilus). But it's clear
from Acts & Paul's letters that the resurrection was the basis of the apostolic
missionary activity. & for people today any access we have to the apostolic message is
ultimately the NT witness.

George L. Murphy
gmurphy@raex.com
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/