Re: 2001's gospel message

mortongr@flash.net
Sun, 07 Nov 1999 16:20:38 +0000

At 03:27 PM 11/07/1999 -0500, George Murphy wrote:
> The demand for God's "fingerprints" usually refers to evidence which is
>accessible in principle to all observers, in the same way that evidence for
>scientific theories is. The cross-resurrection event is indeed evidence
for who God is
>& the plausibility of the New Testament claims for it can be supported by
historical &
>literary analysis. But it happened only once ~1970 years ago & we have
access to them
>only through the apostolic witness to them. Thus it is something quite
different from
>the sort of "fingerprint" usually demanded or offered.

True there are differences of aspect to the resurrection fingerprint and
the others. But at the time of Christ, theoretically, the data was
accessible to all observers. Today we no longer have that accessibility,
which is why one like me prefers to have the other type of fingerprint. And
I don't think one type is lesser in importance than the other. If God had
not left the fingerprint of the Ressurrection, we would not be sitting here
discussing things. Fingerprints are very important.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm