Re: St. Basil's 400AD view of the Days of proclamation
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 20:50:28 +0000

At 09:00 AM 08/19/1999 -0400, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>There is no doubt that Marxists can have an interpretation of part or the
>whole of Scripture. In fact, their atheism is a consequence of their
>interpretation that the whole of the Christian faith is false. What is new!!
>I view the Bible as the "data" just as we collect scientific data from
>experiments and observations. Everyone is entitled to their own
>interpretation and thus arrive at a conclusion. Of course, one ought to seek
>the help of others who are wiser or have had more time to study the logical
>consistency of Scripture. As for me, I believe the whole of Scripture that
>there is a Creator and the Creator is the Lord Jesus, the Son of the God of
>Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

I fear you missed my point in the post where I said 'I like the marxist'
interpretation. I was being facetious to illustrate the point that
theological interpretations are non-unique. So to say that the theology of
Genesis is correct while the history is not, forces one to ask, which

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology