Re: Home School Science Curriculum

Stan Haan (
Sat, 08 May 1999 17:50:09 -0400

--On Fri, May 7, 1999 9:49 PM -0700 Jeffrey Lee <> wrote:

> Hi. My wife is just beginning homeschooling our 5 year old. She's found
> a great Christian curriculum that is really effective for teaching him.
> The one problem is that the science portion is distinctly YEC, which is
> not what we wish to teach him. Granted, at this stage, he's only
> learning really basic stuff and we could modify the curriculum on the
> fly, but we'd like to replace that portion so that we have a program in
> place for the next several years. At any rate, I'm interested in any
> links, resources, curriculum, or sage advice regarding how to teach
> Theocentric non-YEC science. TIA. --
> Jeff Lee
> Carlsbad, California
> Public Key:
> ______________________________________
> Lo! he comes to keep his word, Light and joy his looks impart;
> Go ye forth to meet your Lord, And meet him in your heart.
> -- John Wesley

Christian Schools International has a pretty good K-6 science series. It's
not perfect, but I think it competes well with secular science books on
scientific and pedagogical aspects, and also does a credible job of giving
Christian perspectives. Their url is

(I am one of the instructors of the science methods course at Calvin

Stanley L. Haan
Professor and Chair
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Calvin College