Re: Life in the Lab -- Fox and the Nobel Prize

William A. Wetzel (
Fri, 07 May 1999 21:56:27 -0700

Hi Arthur:

Under chaos theory (self organization) this is possible. The problem that
exists is the time for the events necessary to transpire. If by manupula-
tion "in proper sequence" molecular arrangements can be facilitated.

I have to admit that this presents extreme difficulties with what we have
technologically at this time. So I will exercise proper "incredulity" for
Fox's claims - until I am convinced by his work when I see it.

Best Wishes,
William - N6RKY

Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:
> At 10:03 AM 5/7/99 -0700, William wrote:
> >I have not reviewed any of Fox's work though, so I cannot comment to what
> >is being debated here regarding the creation of life in the lab. What I'm
> >going to say though is this: It is theoretically possible.
> I am not contesting your statement, just inquiring: What theory is this
> that makes it "theoretically" possible?
> Art

William A. Wetzel
icq-uin# 13983514