Re: An approach to Creation Science

gordon brown (gbrown@euclid.Colorado.EDU)
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:29:06 -0700 (MST)

Paul,

I very much agree with your thesis that we should expose creation science
on its own grounds. Scientific arguments are unlikely to get very far with
people who view science and scientists as the enemy. Many of us in
`Bible-believing' churches are not prone to search the scriptures as the
Bereans did to see whether or not what we have been taught is true, but
rather tend to assume that what we have heard from a pulpit or in a class
or have seen in a picture in a Bible story book is biblical. Most
evangelicals had never heard of some of the major claims of creation
science before 1961, when Whitcomb and Morris published their book, and
now it seems that in many circles adherence to these assertions is viewed
as a test of orthodoxy. That would imply a low view of the doctrinal
soundness of just about every believer before that date.

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0395