Re: YEC in the "Three Views" book

Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:50:14 -0600

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:46:40 -0800 "Blaine D. McArthur"
<bjmcarth@pacbell.net> writes:

>I know my story is not a unique one. I am sure it has happened to
>other
>christians in other churches.
>
>I am just wondering if the creationsists who follow this list would
>agree with the [way] the YEC contingent treated my wife and I.
>
>Blaine D. McArthur

As a geologist with strong YEC sympathies, I am saddened by the treatment
you and your wife received. We have recently had this debate within the
PCA domination, and our pastor preached a great sermon on being tolerant
of the divergent views of others. The debate within the PCA will
continue for sometime I'm sure before it comes to a showdown, if it does,
but the perspective of our senior pastor struck a resonant chord with me.

I think this is a very important question which needlessly divides
Christians. Blaine, if I can get a copy of the audio tape, and if you
will send me your mailing address I'll send you a copy of the tape. You
might want to post a summary of the tape if you think it would be of
benefit to others.

I would suggest that you try to meet with both your senior pastor and
college/career pastor and see if the three of you can reach some
resolution. If I can get the tape, you might want to wait and listen to
it first.

Bill

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]