Re: Poor Darwin's syndrome is contagious

Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 21:33:18 -0600

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:36:34 -0600 Robin Mandell
<rmandell@jpusa.chi.il.us> writes:

>>The loss of these tastes
>is =
>>a loss of happiness, and may possibly be injurious to the intellect,
>and =
>>more probably to the moral character, by enfeebling the emotional
>part =
>>of our nature."

>Seems too familiar to me. It describes maybe not my years or months
>but it
>does depict the bad days (except the discovering new laws part). Over
>dose
>of origins syndrome. Why does this stuff tend to reduce and spoil?
>Anyone
>know the secret cure? Not exactly a science question but today is one
>of
>those days.

My hunch is that God is the source of the music, poetry, love - the
deeply enriching parts of our lives. As we elevate science to explain
away the miraculous acts of the Creator, we squeeze out the ministry of
the Holy Spirit to our souls.

"The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word
that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear
to listen like one being taught... Who among you fears the Lord and
obeys the word of his servant? Let him who walks in the dark, who has no
light, trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God. But now, all
you who light fires and provide yourselves with flaming torches, go, walk
in the light of your fires and of the torches you have set ablaze. This
is what you shall receive from my hand: You will lie down in torment."
Isaiah 50:4, 10-11

Bill
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]