RE: Grapenuts, anyone?

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swau.edu)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:22:10 -0800

At 03:46 PM 2/11/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm missing your point with that scripture reference... could you
>explain?

In my understanding,

V.20 establishes the context for this passage: "For since the CREATION of
the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by
the things that are MADE, even His eternal power and Godhead. We cannot
see God, but we can know of his existence and power because of the things
He has MADE...His CREATION.

V. 22, 23 "They...changed the glory of the incorruptible God..." Here
referring back to V 20 would refer to His Creatorship (see for example, Rev
4:11, etc.).

continuing in V. 23 "...into an image made lie corruptible man <-birds
<-four-footed beasts <-creeping things" reads pretty much like naturalistic
evolution being substituted for God's Creatorship to me.

V. 25 "...Who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshipped and
served the creature rather than the Creator...." Here again, Rev 4:11
gives the basis for worshipping anything as an acknowledgment of
Creatorship. In the case of Naturalistic evolutionists, it is not God, but
the progenitors (creatures) who are given credit for our arrival here,
rather than God.

That's my read.
Art
http://origins.swau.edu