Re: evolution and the sabbath

Blaine D. McArthur (bjmcarth@pacbell.net)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:06:32 -0800

Moorad Alexanian wrote:

> A true evolutionist would dispense with Scripture altogether. Whom
> are we kidding!
>
> Moorad

Just what, may I ask, is a true evolutionist?

I do not think of myself as an evolutionist. I do, however, heartily
accept that evolution is a good description of what has transpired
since "In the beginning." (....I think "evolution" is true.)

To call myself an "evolutionist" is to somehow make being it an
essential and significant part of who I am. I believe in it, but it is
not one of the principle characters that defines who I am.

I know many Christians who accept evolution without any problem. I
really do not understand why some people think that having a personal
relation with the Creator and the acceptance of a description of a
process are mutually exclusive.

Blaine McArthur