Re: evolution and the sabbath

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@uncwil.edu)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:40:32 -0500

>On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>
>> Christians who use evolution create a hybrid which is like grapenut,
neither
>> grape nor nut. I do not think it is reasonable to discuss the content of
the
>> Bible vis a vis evolutionary theory. A true evolutionist would dispense
with
>> Scripture altogether. Whom are we kidding!
>

>And now that we know that gravity explains the motion of the planets, we
>sure don't need God for that any more, right? Whom are we kidding?!

The theory of gravitation says nothing about the future development of the
real thing--the actual solar system. Its mathematical predictions are for
the model of the solar system used to describe the real thing. Nor does the
theory of gravitation tells us how the real thing came into being nor why
and how it continues to exist. I am the first to admit that the theory is
very good. But let us not confuse it with the real thing. God may not be
present in our mathematical models but He certainly is lurking in His
creation.

Moorad