Re: evolution and the sabbath

Moorad Alexanian (
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:52:24 -0500

Dear Chuck,

One should never trade accuracy for expediency. I myself use the term

Take care,

P.s. If you have a list of the names of great scientist who were also
Christians, I would greatly appreciate it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vandergraaf, Chuck <>
To: 'Moorad Alexanian' <>
Cc: <>; Stein A. Stromme
Date: Thursday, February 11, 1999 9:36 AM
Subject: RE: evolution and the sabbath

...but it's OK to pick on the poor, misunderstood grapenut?? ;-) (Sorry,
could not resist that one)

On a more serious note, now that you've brought up Christian Scientists, I
have difficulty coming up with a terse description of
"scientists-who-are-Christian." The most obvious term would, of course, be
"Christian scientists" but that term has been allocated to a sect already
(and let's not get into the details of "sect" and "cult" here).

The reason for my question is that I teach an introductory science course at
a Christian college and often refer to scientists who are Christian.

Any suggestions?

Chuck Vandergraaf
Engineered Barriers and Analysis Branch
Whiteshell Laboratories