Re: Accelerating Expansion of the Universe

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 16:21:32 -0500

Moorad Alexanian wrote:
> Our university library is closed and will have to wait till it opens to read
> the article. However, for us Christians it does not mean much whether the
> universe will "forever" expand or not. We live in a dying body, what is the
> difference if we live in a dying universe? It does not seem that God dwells
> in the universe and so the place the Lord is making for us must certainly
> lie outside the physical universe. Instead of worrying of the missing mass,
> we Christians ought to be worrying of missing Mass.

Your last sentence is excellent!
But remember that in Revelation, after all the cosmic catastrophes take place &
the powers of evil are defeated, the holy city comes down from heaven to earth & "the
dwelling of God is with humanity" (Rev.21:1-2). The souls of the martyrs are in heaven
as a temporary refuge, but the goal is heaven coming to earth, not our going from earth
to heaven. & the "dwelling" of God with humanity is something which has already begun
in the Incarnation (Jn.1:14).

George L. Murphy
gmurphy@raex.com
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/