Re: Fwd: Some biographies

Ted Davis (TDavis@mcis.messiah.edu)
Mon, 07 Dec 1998 13:53:13 -0500

--=_3B6C6C2D.4120410A

The following comes from my colleague, Gene Chase, co-author of a
bilbiography of Christianity and mathematics.

Ted Davis

--=_3B6C6C2D.4120410A

Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 13:51:38 -0500
From: Gene Chase <Chase@mcis.messiah.edu>
To: TDavis@mcis.messiah.edu
Subject: Re: Fwd: Some biographies

Ted, since I don't know whether the ASA list is a closed one, and the
questons may be of more interest than just to Ms. Frette, I'd ask you to
forward this to the ASA list. --Gene Chase

*THE* Hilbert biography is by Constance Reid, and is called simply
_Hilbert_.
*THE* Cantor biography is by Joe Dauben, and here's the title etc.:
_Georg Cantor : His Mathematics and Philosophy of the Infinite_,
by Joseph Warren Dauben (paperback published 1990).

--Gene Chase
Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science
Messiah College
Grantham PA 17027
chase@messiah.edu

==[forwarded from Ted Davis]==

... on the ASA discussion group.

I would like to read some biographies about physicist Einstein and
mathematicians Cantor and Hilbert.

Are there any biographies about these that are considered to be
THE biography about this person ?

Olav Inge Frette                              Schlumberger Geco-Prakla
Voice : (+47) 6678 8061 (direct)              Software Craft
      : (+47) 6678 8000 (switchboard)         Schlumberger House
Fax   : (+47) 6678 8500                       Solbraaveien 23
mailto: frettei@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com      N-1370 Asker, NORWAY

--=_3B6C6C2D.4120410A--