RE: The Science of God

Robin Mandell (rmandell@jpusa.chi.il.us)
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 16:54:01 -0600

At 10:04 AM 12/3/98 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>At 09:36 AM 12/3/98 -0500, Vandergraaf, Chuck wrote:
>>Ray,
>>
>>You state:
>>
>> " As far as I've read, Shroeder is starting with a rather wonderful
>>unfolding of Jewish traditional thought (the subjective experience) which,
>>from looking at the pictures, I guess will be related to travelling at the
>>speed of light for six days equalling the
>>> age of the universe. "
>>>
>> Traveling at the speed of light (km/s) for six days would give you a
>>distance, not an age, IMHO.
>>
>> Chuck Vandergraaf
>> Pinawa, MB
>
>I must say that the title of the book you guys are discussing, "The Science
>of God," does not make any sense to me. Perhaps the book does. It reminds me
>of what a Christian missionary told me in Mexico when I asked him long ago
>what is Christian Science. He told me that it was like grapenut, neither
>grape nor nut. Christians who believe God created the physical universe and
>all the laws that govern its functioning must realize that God created
>"science." What nonsense is this that there is a science of God???? Is
>this another flight of fancy of a scientist? When man thinks and reasons
>about God he uses more than what I understand by science. Our reasoning
>ability goes beyond science.
>
>Moorad
Maybe the author means the science belonging to and used by God.I don't
know what I think about that.The six day/speed of light chapter (chap 4) is
only 12 pages.If someone more knowledgeable than I on physics could give it
a read maybe we could talk about what Schroeder really wrote instead of
guessing.>
Andrew
p.s. am I doing this reply all correctly or is this just returning to the
one person?