Re: What does ID mean?

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:58:29 -0500 (EST)

At 06:29 PM 4/16/98 -0400, Steven Schimmrich wrote:
>At 12:16 PM 4/16/98 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>>As an evolutionist do you need God? And, as a Christian, do you need
> As a Christian, I believe everyone NEEDS God Moorad, evolutionist or not :).
> I do not need evolution, I can take it or leave it. I do believe,
however, that
>evolutionary theory is sound science and explains what we see in the
natural world
>and the geologic record of life.
> Personally, I believe God played an active supernatural role in the initial
>creation of life (I see too many scientific problems with abiogenesis) and
>the evolutionary development of life through time (based upon my belief
that God
>is interested in His creation and didn't just wind things up and let them
go). I
>also believe, based on Scripture, that He supernaturally intervened in the
>of man (when and how are problematic but I never claimed to have all the
>- Steve.

Dear Steve,

I just began to read Behe's book. As a biochemist Behe adds considerably to
the discussion of evolution. But it seems to me that what he is saying is
almost obvious to any serious and honest scientist. As a physicist I realize
that asking for a theoretical explanation of the value of the fine-structure
constant is asking someone to do work which will lead to a Nobel prize. It
seems to me that what the evolutionists set up to solve is a problem
millions of order of magnitude more difficult. I am not sure if such a
theory exists. I believe there is a mystery to life that we will never
understand. Let us hope that we may find the answers to such difficult
questions once we cross the threshold from life to death.