Re: Open letter to rescind NABT revision

Arthur V. Chadwick (
Sun, 08 Feb 1998 12:17:07 -0800

At 09:22 PM 2/7/98 -0800, Bob wrote:
>Steven Schimmrich wrote in part:
>"This must not, however, be confused with young-earth
>a belief held by a minority of Protestant Christians in a literal
>Are you sure? Do you have some evidence for this? I only bring this up
>later in your letter you object to Dr. Pigliucci's statement, "every
>biologist would..." on the basis that you know some evolutionary
biologists who
>would be contrary. I suspect the largest protestant denomination, Southern
>Baptist, is predominately YEC.

I would second that. If you wanted to say "...held by a minority of
Protestant Christians who are employed in academia", and could supply some
evidence, such as a poll to back it up, that would be acceptable. But that
statement certainly is ad ignorantum.