Paul Arveson (
Fri, 25 Oct 96 09:29:49 EDT

>From: "D. Eric Greenhow, M.D.,Ph.D." <>
>Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 16:42:16 -0400
>Subject: Re: EvolveFISH (fwd)
>I saw one of these about a month ago with "DARWIN" inside the fish, and
>thought it was both clever and funny. Let's try to keep a sense of humor
>about ourselves. In the development of prejudice, humor is the first to go.
>Eric Greenhow

I've toyed with the idea of putting both the Darwin and the fish symbols on my
car, side by side. Just to provoke thought about the issue. The notion of a
"Christian evolutionist" creates a lot of cognitive dissonance in the current
milieu, but I note that they are really quite common, including even the Pope.

Paul Arveson, Research Physicist
Code 724, NSWC, Bethesda, MD 20084
(301) 227-3831 (W) (301) 227-1914 (FAX) (301) 816-9459 (H)