Sender: dr._henry_erbes@ftdetrck-ccmail.army.mil
From: <dr._henry_erbes@ftdetrck-ccmail.army.mil>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 96 09:36:28 EST
To: Joseph Carson <73530.2350@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: YourFeedbackIsRequested!

Joe:

My best wishes. I too am a PE, but have never joined NSPE, for various reason,

but the bottom line, was what does this organization do that's worth the (then)

$70.00 per year. I didn't get a satisfying answer (and this was when my Boss
was a VP of the Virginia chapter!) [Now that I work for the Government my 3
PE's
and my certification with the American Academy of Environemntal Engineers are
effectively nice papers to put on the wall and nought else]

Over the years, I've noticed that NSPE and ACME (I presume it is similar to
ASCE) are almost solely absorbed with "buisness" and the "profession".
Unfortunately many of the membership are more akin to the bricklayer and the
HVAC installer than the scientist, that goes for the Christians too. (At least
the ones I have met). And "ethics", inspite of the CODE often gets second
place
to "the Job". But I suspect that is what is driving you on this initiative.
My
best wishes, your efforts are needed.

Henry

Dear ASA'ers,

Please let me know what you think of my intention to start an ASA SIG in
ASME and NSPE (unless ASA tells me not to). If you support the idea, please
send a email to the Rutherford Institute.

Joe

Jul
73530.2350@compuserve.com

ASA information booklet